MCSM, ul. Łokietka 3, 87-100 Toruń

About the project

Project title: International Youth Meeting Centre in Toruń

Project is included in the Indicative List of Key Projects of the Regional Operational Programme for the Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship
for the period 2007-2013: Priority 6. “Development of Tourism” Activity 6.2. ” Development of Tourism and Health Resort Services”

Completion term: 2010-2015

Financial Data:

  • Total value of the project amounts to 20,313,181.93 PLN, of which 60%, that is 12,165,428.97 PLN, comes from ROP for the Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship and the remaining sum of 8,147,752.96 (40%) constitutes an own contribution of the City Council of Toruń.
  • On 2 July 2008, the Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship and the City Council of Toruń signed a pre-contract for the “International Youth Meeting Centre in Toruń” Project.
  • On 30 June 2010, Annex no. 1 was executed to the pre-contract.
  • On 29 June 2011, the City Council of Toruń applied for project funding in the Marshall Office of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship. 
  • In accordance with the resolution No. 63/1328/11 of the Management Board of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship from 2 November 2011, the project was approved for funding by the Management Board.  
  • On 29 November 2011, the project funding agreement was signed.

Main Activities:

  • general overhaul and adaptation for new functions of a post-industrial facility, so called “Młyny Rychtera” (Rychter’s Mills) or “Młyny Toruńskie” (Toruń Mills),
  • purchase of equipment,
  • regulation of Struga Toruńska (Toruńska Rivulet) and renovation of bridges on the watercourse,
  • demolition of the mechanical workshop building due to poor technical condition (the facility was a modern building without historical value).

The scope of investment covers the creation of:

  • accommodation facilities, including lodging with secondary equipment and additional services for tourists, mainly for structured groups of children and adolescents from Poland and abroad;
  • provision of catering services including full board for tourists, as well as meal preparation spaces;
  • leisure and fitness facilities including, among others: a) rooms for joint leisure activities, such as audiovisual room, game room, common room, internet cafe; b) multi purpose sports and entertainment hall, which serves as a music hall/theatre and sports hall (if necessary); c) tourist and sports equipment rental (including bicycles) 

A hotspot is located on the IYMC premises for wireless Internet access.

The mission of the IYMC is to coordinate active international exchange of children, school pupils and students from around the world, support the process of European integration, development and promotion of active leisure and tourism among adolescents, as well as promotion of the region as a meeting place for various cultures and nations.

Execution of the investment:
Toruń Town Hall
Department of Investments and Renovations
Wały Gen. Sikorskiego 10 street
phone: +48 56 611 88 40
e-mail: [email protected]

Project Management: 
Toruń Town Hall
Department of Development and European Programmes
Grudziądzka 126B street
phone: +48 56 611 85 54
fax.: +48 56 611 85 56
e-mail: wripe[email protected]

Polityka plików Cookie
Pliki „cookie”, w Polsce zwane często „ciasteczkami” to pliki tekstowe, które przeglądarka
internetowa zapisuje na Twoim komputerze, podczas korzystania z tych stron internetowych.

„Ciasteczka” pozwalają zbierać dane statystyczne dotyczące tego kto odwiedza stronę oraz pomagają
w dostosowaniu tej strony pod Twoje upodobania. To właśnie dzięki tym „ciasteczkom”
identyfikowane są poszczególne komputery, laptopy, smartfony lub inne urządzenia za pomocą
których odwiedzasz tę stronę.
Ich działanie mogłeś zauważyć także na innych stronach, gdzie podczas powtórnych odwiedzin na
danej witrynie, przeglądarka „pamiętała” o tym, że już tam wcześniej byłeś.

W większości przeglądarek internetowych domyślnie ustawiona jest zgoda na przechowywanie
ciasteczek na urządzeniu końcowym. W każdej chwili możesz zmienić ustawienia dotyczące
zapisywania plików cookies.

Aby to uczynić należy wejść w ustawienia przeglądarki i zaznaczyć
odpowiednią opcję. W ten sam sposób można też usunąć dotychczas zebrane przez Twoją
przeglądarkę „ciasteczka”.